Thursday, March 24, 2011
10 Ways to Rejuvinate Your Decor for Spring
As we head toward the spring and summer months, many of us are more than ready to refresh our decor with color and lighter, brighter accents. After months and months of dreary winter weather, it's only natural to want to create a home that's cheerful and energizing. I've pulled together 10 simple examples of ways you can infuse spring into your decor. What other ways do you plan on updating your home for the spring & summer months ahead? We'd love to hear about it!
1. Switch out the pillows on your sofa with colorful floral prints mixed with a graphic patterns. Add a few large & colorful books to your coffee table.
2. Refresh your room with a bright new area rug. A little bit of color and pattern can do wonders in cheering up a space!
3. Keep a vase of fresh flowers on your coffee or dining table. And once again, colorful floral accent pillows are a lovely way to introduce spring into your decor.
4. Another creative way to display fresh flowers - mix it up with a variety of mason jars, small vases and vessels with flowers from your garden.
5. One inexpensive way to instantly spruce up a room is by painting an accent wall! Add in a couple of white lamps and/or accessories for a fresh pop of contrast. And zebra print is always a fun way to create more interest in a space. Whether it's with a couple accent pillows or a rug, you can't go wrong with animal print!
6. If you can pull it off, a few pops of yellow add energy and cheer to a space. If yellow won't work, try another bright color such as orange, pink or green. It can be with pillows and/or new accessories. A little bit of color can go a very long way!
7. Give new life to existing furniture with a fresh coat of paint. Re-paint your dining chairs or table for an instant update. Also, notice in this image that the back of the hutch is painted a soft blue color - this is another way paint can transform your decor. Paint the back of a bookcase, built-in or hutch and accessorize with a collection of dishes, vases, etc.
9. New wall decor is a wonderful way to update a space. In this photo, vintage handkerchiefs were framed and hung in an entryway - an easy and inexpensive DIY project! You can also try framing out colorful fabric swatches.