Different colors, when used in interior design, can have effects on us psychologically, sometimes in ways we're not aware of. Here are some interesting facts about the color blue and the different ways it can effect us, depending on the shade of blue:
- Blue is the overwhelming "favorite color."
- Blue is seen as trustworthy, dependable and committed. The color of sky and the ocean, blue is perceived as a constant in our lives.
- As the collective color of the spirit, it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming; however not all blues are serene and sedate. Electric or brilliant blues become dynamic and dramatic, an engaging color that expresses exhilaration.
- Some shades or the overuse of blue may come across as cold or uncaring. Blue is the least "gender specific" color, having equal appeal to both men and women.
- How the color blue affects us physically and mentally: Calming and sedate; Cooling; Aids intuition.
- Studies show weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms.
How do you feel about the color blue? Do you prefer wearing the color rather than using it in your home? What's your favorite shade of blue? (that is, if you like the color at all)!