- Green is the color of growth, nature, and money.
- It is the traditional color of peace, harmony, comfortable nurturing, support and well paced energy.
- Nature shares several shades of green with us. From bright and almost fluorescent to pale and subdued. The color green is a natural color.
- Green creates feelings of comfort, laziness, relaxation, calmness. It helps us balance and soothe our emotions.
- Hospitals use light green rooms because they too are found to be calming to patients.
- Green is the most restful color for the human eye.
- It's the universal color of nature as well as represents fertility, rebirth and freedom. (That answers the question why it's the best background for birds.)
- Bright green can be uplifting while dark green evokes a mental picture of a pine forest.
- Street signs are painted a metallic green background contrasted with white letters because the combination is believed to be the easiest to read and recognize for the human brain.
- As with most colors, green also brings forth some negative connotations...the phrase "green with envy" also gives way to guilt, ghastliness, sickness and disease.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Color 101: Green Interiors
Green happens to be my favorite color, especially when it comes to interior design. For my own home, I always gravitate toward soft sage greens, blue-greens and turquoise...I've tried to be open to other palettes, but apparently, these are the colors I love to surround myself in! Green comes in hundreds of different shades, all of which have a different psychological impact on people. Here are some fun facts about the color Green: