I was reading up on 2010 interior design trends from Associated Content this morning - it's always fun to get a sneak peek of what’s on the horizon in the world of fashion and interior design! Although most don’t exactly “follow” the latest trends in design, as maybe one would with fashion, it can be fun to update a living room or bedroom every now and then just by switching out a couple of pillows or bringing in a new coffee table. Here’s what you can expect to see in the stores, magazines, etc. for the top 2010 Living Room Trends:
- Tribal prints for curtains and slipcovers
- Distressed leather ottomans- Vintage coffee tables
- Antique tapestries- Black and white color palettes- Stacked boxes as room dividers
- Textiles with painted African landscapes and wildlife
- Rich, earthy color tones for rugs
- Antique lamps
- Distressed wallpaper patched onto walls
- Simple, understated sofas and chairs with clean lines and minimal detailing
- Modular furniture for limited spaces
- Curvy couches
- Oversized floor pillows in bright green, yellow, bold red and hippie inspired designs
- Eco-friendly chairs and slipcovers
- Bright colored sofas (think red, green or yellow) complemented by neutral-colored pillows
"The days of Asian inspired prints and eclectic furnishings are giving way to a fresh lineup of décor and accessories for the living room. From antique tapestries to vintage accessories, 2010 is the year to add some globally-inspired pieces to the mix and be creative with '60s-inspired décor and furnishings. Consider updating your living room with some of the above color palettes, designs, themes and accessories for the fresh new year ahead." (above information and quote from the Article written by Sabah Karimi).
What are your thoughts about the upcoming trends? What are some of your favorite "timeless" trends? I plan on exploring several of these trends for future blog posts! (top photo via House Beautiful).