- Dark wood finishes - espresso, walnut, mahogany - are on their way out. They're being replaced by lighter, brighter and unique wood finishes, such as unfinished reclaimed pine, rustic ash-gray, limed-oak / white-wash (don't worry, nothing close to the 80's!), along with lightly distressed painted finishes. This goes for wood flooring too.
- Saw tons of furniture made using reclaimed wood - rustic, unfinished and gorgeous
- I also saw a lot of high-gloss white lacquer mixed in with rustic / reclaimed wood furniture; for example: a glossy white lacquer dining table top paired with chunky re-claimed railroad tie legs - to die for! I can't believe I didn't get a picture
- Industrial hammered metals mixed in with rustic/reclaimed woods
- The scale of just about everything - furniture, upholstery, accessories & lamps - is massive and borderline over-exaggerated, but in a good way!
- Textured fabrics such as burlap and linen in neutral colors were everywhere - crisp, fresh, simple
ALL IMAGES VIA JULIE THIGPEN