- Bold colors such as orange, yellow and coral red are everywhere, along with turquoise and kelly green
- Imported Asian style furniture is going strong. Beautiful pieces made to look like one-of-a-kind antiques, painted in a variety of colors; some with hand-painted embellishments. This style can be mixed in with just about anything - great for that one unique "wow" factor in a space.
- Accessories are large-scale for ultimate drama
- Graphic prints on fabrics, wallpapers and accessories - bold, fresh and dramatic
- An eclectic blend of styles; moving away from "matchy-matchy" looks and themed decor.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Las Vegas Market, Part II
We made it to Friday! I'm wrapping up this week with part II of my trip to the Las Vegas Market last week. The second set of photos I'm posting are all about color, color and more color - completely opposite from yesterday's post! Here are several trends I noticed:
drama and more drama! saw tons of over-sized porcelain vases in bright colors - the painted branches were incredibly beautiful! and what about that wallpaper?! it resembled the mineral malachite (need to find out where it's from!)
a gorgeous painted chest with stenciled gold-leaf designs-one of my favorites
the amazing trina turk residential pillow collection
adorable hand-painted polka dot chest
saw this chair style everywhere in different colors - very versatile
an incredible new pillow line i'll be carrying in my store soon...the prices are amazing!
geometric patterns were everywhere. this rug was so fabulous.
faux animal heads made of resin - like the way the white pops against the green wall.
the domed chair was popular and was being carried by several different vendors. it's incredibly versatile - restoration hardware carries it in a simple burlap & linen fabric. the leopard fabric was a little much but was a fun accent in the space.
painted porcelain garden stools - look great used both indoor & outdoor
peacock prints were popular. i like the simple design of this one - beautiful colors!
ALL IMAGES VIA JULIE THIGPEN
So, what did you think about part II? I personally love all of the color and drama of it all. But there's something to be said about the neutral rustic-elegance style I posted about yesterday. Thank you for allowing me to share this with you! Design is my absolute passion and I'm incredibly excited about all of the new discoveries I made. I feel re-inspired in so many ways and I hope you've found a little inspiration too. Have a fabulous weekend. xoxo - Julie