Friday, February 26, 2010
I'm so excited about this new online magazine! Nesting Newbies covers everything from cooking and entertaining to decorating and resources on hot places to shop. Their 2nd issue for Winter 2010 is packed full of mouth-watering recipes, gorgeous themed tablescape ideas for your next party, how to create a modern vintage tabletop, girly-girl spaces, DIY lamp make-over and so much more. The vibrant photos seem to pop right off the page, bursting with color and inspiration! Flip through this sweet little online read sometime over the weekend and enjoy :) XO - Julie
IMAGE CREDITS: NESTING NEWBIES
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
I'm so excited to share with you Lumnique, a new company specializing in personalized candles, which are made using a clean-burning soy wax blend and cotton wick, environmentally friendly color dyes, and natural essential fragrance oils. "Lumnique's soy candles are highly personalized and exceptionally thoughtful. Each custom-designed by the customer especially for the unique personality and lifestyle of the recipient." They were so kind to offer me a complimentary candle, which I customized online in just 4 simple steps. When it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised with the presentation of the crisp, clean black and white packaging. The fragrance I chose was Cucumber Mint, which smells so fresh and clean - it reminds me of a relaxing day at the spa! I love it! These candles make the perfect gift for a friend or yourself...click here to visit their website.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Green happens to be my favorite color, especially when it comes to interior design. For my own home, I always gravitate toward soft sage greens, blue-greens and turquoise...I've tried to be open to other palettes, but apparently, these are the colors I love to surround myself in! Green comes in hundreds of different shades, all of which have a different psychological impact on people. Here are some fun facts about the color Green:
- Green is the color of growth, nature, and money.
- It is the traditional color of peace, harmony, comfortable nurturing, support and well paced energy.
- Nature shares several shades of green with us. From bright and almost fluorescent to pale and subdued. The color green is a natural color.
- Green creates feelings of comfort, laziness, relaxation, calmness. It helps us balance and soothe our emotions.
- Hospitals use light green rooms because they too are found to be calming to patients.
- Green is the most restful color for the human eye.
- It's the universal color of nature as well as represents fertility, rebirth and freedom. (That answers the question why it's the best background for birds.)
- Bright green can be uplifting while dark green evokes a mental picture of a pine forest.
- Street signs are painted a metallic green background contrasted with white letters because the combination is believed to be the easiest to read and recognize for the human brain.
- As with most colors, green also brings forth some negative connotations...the phrase "green with envy" also gives way to guilt, ghastliness, sickness and disease.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Happy Friday to you all! I'm so excited to share the fabulous work of Lucas Allen, a professional photographer based out of NY. He covers everything from interiors, still life, lifestyle, portraiture and fashion. His portfolio is beautiful! I had to stop myself from practically posting the entire thing! Click here to view more. Have a wonderful weekend :) XO - Julie
PHOTO CREDITS: LUCAS ALLEN PHOTOGRAPHY