Friday, January 4, 2013
New Year's Inspiration: A List of Things to Focus On
This year I mentioned that I wasn't going to add more to my plate with too many resolutions and goals, but rather improve the areas in my life that I've neglected for some time now. Here's a list of areas I'd love to focus on in my home for 2013. I'm queen of making lists and then never sticking to them, but this year I'm really going to try and change that! What are you focusing on in 2013 in your home? Have a great weekend! xoxo - Julie
1. Buy fresh flowers more often, just because they make me happy!
2. Get organized and stay organized...especially with all of my son's toys that are now invading our apartment!
3. Buy fresh produce more often at our local farmer's market and experiment with some new recipes. I'm so tired of cooking the same 5 things for dinner every week!
4. Redecorate my apartment (we may be moving in a few months, so I may wait until then). Do I want bright and colorful, or...
5. Do I want to keep things more soft, neutral and glamorous?
6. Bake more...I can't wait to try this recipe for baked French Breakfast Doughnuts.
7. Give our bedroom a serious makeover! I want to create a relaxing and beautiful retreat to unwind and rest.
8. Entertain more - have family and friends over more often for brunch, dinner or cocktails.
9. Attempt more DIY projects and post the tutorial on my blog, like this DIY Linen Covered Polka Dot Pinboard!